Veterinary NurseFull Time & Part Time
Northside Veterinary Centre is a non-corporate, locally owned and run clinic. We are a team of passionate, fun and supportive vets, nurses, kennel hands and receptionists. We advocate and aim for fear-free veterinary care and our clinic is an ISFM Gold Accredited Cat-Friendly Clinic.
We are looking to build on our existing nursing team by adding both a Junior and Senior nurse. We encourage and support ongoing learning and offer a great work-life balance, by understanding that life also exists outside of work.
The primary role of this position is to provide a high level of care to both medical and surgical patients using our vast range of veterinary equipment – multi-parameter vital sign monitors, doppler, surgical and dental bair hugger, iM3 dental machines and dental x-ray, inspired air heaters, full IDEXX pathology suite, oxygen and heated recovery cages. We have a varied caseload with a percentage of dental and medical referral work that keep us on our toes.
The clinic currently opens 8am-6pm Monday-Friday and 8.00am-4pm Saturday. We are closed Sundays and all public holidays.
The ideal candidates will:
- Be comfortable with all aspects of clinical nursing for the Senior position and be ready to learn for the Junior position
- Be able to work in a team and also be self-motivated
- Be able to work a rotating roster, including some Saturdays
- Have high standards and attention to detail, with exceptional customer service and
- strong communication skills
- Be confident and competent in routine and emergency situations (Senior Position only)
- Scope to take on significant responsibilities training junior vet nurse staff if this is your passion (Senior Position only)
- Most of all know how to have fun and have a laugh
We shall offer
- An environment that will challenge your skills and knowledge
- Part time employment can be discussed for the right candidate.
- Parking in Braddon
- Above award wages