Veterinary NurseFull Time & Part Time
Northside Veterinary Centre is a non-corporate, locally owned and run clinic. We are a team of passionate, fun and supportive vets, nurses, kennel hands and receptionists. We advocate and aim for fear-free veterinary care and our clinic is an ISFM Gold Accredited Cat-Friendly Clinic.
This is an additional appointment to our current team. We are looking for another honest, hardworking, and experienced nurse to join our team. We encourage and support ongoing learning and offer a great work-life balance, by understanding that life also exists outside of work.
The primary role of this position is to provide a high level of care to both medical and surgical patients using our vast range of veterinary equipment – multi-parameter vital sign monitors, doppler, surgical and dental bair hugger, iM3 dental machines and dental x-ray, inspired air heaters, full IDEXX pathology suite, oxygen and heated recovery cages. We have a varied caseload with a percentage of dental and medical referral work that keep us on our toes.
The clinic currently opens 8am-6pm Monday-Friday and 8.30am-4pm Saturday. We are closed Sundays and all public holidays.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be comfortable with all aspects of clinical nursing
- Be able to work in a team and also be self-motivated
- Be able to work a rotating roster, including some Saturdays
- Have high standards and attention to detail, with exceptional customer service and
- strong communication skills
Be confident and competent in routine and emergency situations
- Scope to take on significant responsibilities training junior vet nurse staff if this is your passion
- Most of all know how to have fun and have a laugh
We shall offer
- An environment that will challenge your skills and knowledge
- Part time employment can be discussed for the right candidate.
- Parking in Braddon
- Above award wages