Did you know we offer puppy classes here at Northside Vet Centre?
Puppy socialisation classes are an important part of any puppy’s development into a well adjusted canine citizen!
Puppy classes at Northside Veterinary Centre aim to facilitate your puppy’s transition into a confident, well adjusted puppy.
When should you start puppy pre-school?
From 8-14 weeks of age, puppies go through what we call their “critical socialisation period”, which is a key developmental stage in which they are most receptive to learning and accepting new experiences. They learn how to appropriately interact with humans, other dogs, and other animals – so we want to make the best use of this time. This is where puppy preschool classes come in!
What to expect at puppy pre-school?
Classes are tailored to each group of puppies, but general topics covered are:
- Socilisation and appropriate interaction with people and other dogs
- General health care advice – diet, exercise, grooming and more!
- Training and obedience
- Toilet training tips and tricks
- Familiarisation with the veterinary centre – making visits less stressful and a more positive experience
- Addressing any issues such as mouthing/biting